The first phase of the Bradbury Park improvement project is now open! Kedron residents can now enjoy the magical forest and scooter track, which were completed in mid-July 2020.
The Magic Forest located on the southern side of the netball courts is a small nature play area nestled among the existing trees. This nature play area is designed to encourage kids’ imagination and curiosity. It is designed for children ages 3-10 years supervised by parents and carers.
The looped scooter track is at the north side of the existing dog off-leash area. It is around 200 metres long and is designed to cater to different abilities. An area is provided for those seeking more challenging scooter run. This part of the scooter track will have a bypass option for the less experienced riders.
Contractor Sought for Upcoming Major Upgrades
The council is now seeking a contractor for the next phase of the improvement plan for Bradbury Park. The next phase will involve the design and construction of a playscape and other major improvements.
Proposed changes include:
- A large play space for challenging play for children aged 10-15
- New grass area with picnic facilities including shelters, seating, and electric barbecue equipment
- Car park upgrade with 40-50 spaces
- New basketball half-court
- New connecting pathways
- New driveway off Batten Street
- New bus and passenger drop-off zone
- New toilet block
Construction of the major upgrades is expected to start in 2021, pending budget allocation.
For more information about the project, contact the city council or the project team:
- call the project team on 1800 884 681during business hours
- call Council on 07 3403 8888 after hours
- email the project team
- write to:
Bradbury Park upgrade
Brisbane City Council
GPO Box 1434
Brisbane QLD 4001